Give the Best Father's Day Gift!
Happy Father's Day out there to all of the men who make a difference in our lives. We want to celebrate you, and one of the best ways to do that is at the best restaurant at the Lake of the Ozarks! Beer, pizza, wings, pasta, burgers and sandwiches are just a few of the delicious reasons we think your dad would love to celebrate his day here at Li'l Rizzo's. Here are a few fun facts about the holiday, and a few meals we think would make his mouth water!
Fun Facts About Father's Day
- The Stevie Wonder song "Isn't She Lovely" is about his newborn daughter, Aisha. If you listen closely, you can hear Aisha crying during the song.
- The world’s oldest father is believed to be Ramajit Raghav from India. He was 96 years old when his 52-year-old wife gave birth to a baby boy in 2010. Raghav was single until he was in his 80s.
- During the mother’s pregnancy, a dad’s testosterone levels decrease and the production of prolactin increases. Additionally, a study found that after men had kids, they were less likely to engage in high-risk activities.
- Father’s Day is celebrated at different times around the world. Spain and Belgium celebrate fathers on March 19; Australia and New Zealand honor fathers on the first Sunday in September; and in Britain, Canada, and the U.S., Father’s Day is celebrated on the third Sunday in June.
- The only father-daughter collaboration to hit the top spot on the Billboard pop music chart was the 1967 hit single "Something Stupid" by Frank & Nancy Sinatra.
- Wrestling and roughhousing with a father helps shape a child’s brain to help them manage emotion and develop a balance between thinking and physical action.
- In 1966, Lyndon Johnson finally made an official proclamation that Father’s Day would be recognized on the third Sunday of June.
- Father’s Day is the busiest day of the year for collect phone calls.
- A woman named Sonora Smart Dodd spearheaded the efforts for fathers to be recognized after hearing a Mother’s Day sermon at her church. Dodd’s father, a Civil War veteran, had cared for the family after his wife died while giving birth to the couple’s sixth child.
- Approximately 52% of fathers say they are the primary grocery shoppers in the family, an increase of 10% from 1995. Additionally, 11% of moms research the products they buy compared to 24% of dads.
If that last fact is true, then give Dad a break and bring him to Li'l Rizzo's where we've done all of the shopping for him!
Nothing Beats the Bacon
Does dad bring home the bacon in your family? Well, now it's time to give HIM the bacon with our delicious appetizers, entrees, pastas, pizzas and more all featuring BACON!
Macho Meat - Red Sauce, Pepperoni, Sausage, Hamburger, Bacon & Canadian Bacon, with Provel and Mozzarella Cheeses.
Supreme - Red Sauce, Pepperoni, Sausage, Mushroom, Onion, Bacon and Black Olives topped with Provel and Mozzarella Cheeses.
Buffalo Chicken - Brushed Olive Oil, Provel Cheeses, Roasted Garlic Chicken, Bacon and Red Onion. Drizzled with our original wing sauce.
Rizzo Burger - 8-ounce ground chuck burger topped with sautéed onions, mushrooms, bacon and melted Provel cheese. Served on a ciabatta bun with homemade French fries.
St. Louis S.O.B. - Red Sauce, Provel Cheese, Italian Sausage, Onion, and Bacon.
Seafood Pizza - Alfredo Sauce, Provel, and Mozzarella Cheeses, Topped with Shrimp, Clams, Real Crabmeat, Mushrooms and Bacon.
Tortellini Alfredo - Ring shaped pasta filled with beef and pork in our homemade Alfredo sauce with peas, bacon.
Creamy Chicken Mostaccioli - A buttery Alfredo sauce with bacon, mushrooms and roasted garlic chicken.
Loaded Potato Skins - Potato “cups” filled with bacon, green onion, Provel, and mozzarella cheese.
Fried Chicken Salad - A blend of iceberg and romaine lettuce topped with tomato, hard-boiled egg, red onion, bacon, carrot, red cabbage, Provel cheese and a homemade fried chicken tender.
Chicken Modiga - Lightly breaded, charbroiled chicken breast, over a bed of angel hair pasta topped with mushrooms, chopped garlic, bacon and melted Provel cheese in a white wine lemon butter sauce.
Enjoy Savory Flavors for Father's Day
If you don't know what to get dad for Father's Day, a dinner out with you is just what he probably wants. Spend some quality time enjoying the best food at the Lake of the Ozarks, in the restaurant that understands what family is all about. If you don't want to take dad out, you can always order the best Italian food at the Lake of the Ozarks on our website, or from our app. Happy Father's Day from everyone at Li'l Rizzo's!