Today is National Lasagna Day. What better way to celebrate this delicious dish than coming to your favorite Italian restaurant at the Lake of the Ozarks? Although the origins of how this day began is unclear, we are sure glad it exists! To celebrate this day, Li’l Rizzo’s has scoured the web to find the best fun facts about this traditional Italian dish.
- Lasagne is the noodle used to create lasagna. It is a wide, flat pasta shape and it's thought to be the oldest noodle. Lasagne is actually the plural form of lasagna. However, when people say the word lasagna they refer to it as the singular form.
- Lasagna is Garfield’s, the famous orange cat, favorite dish. He has been known to say that “lasagna [is] nature’s perfect food!” – we agree!
- The lasagna dish was created in the region of Emilia-Romagna in Italy
- Traditionally, the dough used to create the lasange noodles in Southern Italy was prepared with semolina and water. However, in the northern regions, where semolina was not available, it was prepared with flour and eggs.
- The word lasagna did not always refer to the food. Originally, in Italy, it actually referred to the pot in which the dish was made.
- Did you know that you can make lasagna in the dish washer? All you have to do is put the ingredients in your dish, cover the dish tightly with aluminum foil, then use the heated dry and sanitize cycle. However, we do not recommend this method for cooking this dish. Just come on by Lake of the Ozarks best Italian restaurant for some good lasagna – made in an oven. J
- The largest lasagna, according to the Guinness Book of World Records, weighed in at a whopping 10,725 pounds and 7 ounces. It was created by Magillo Restaurant and Macro Supermarket in Wieliczka, Poland on June 20, 2012. The pan they used for the lasagna measured 82 feet by 8 feet and 2 inches. The attempt was made during the 2012 UEFA European Football Championship in Poland and it was made in the city were the Italian team was staying. Around 5,000 people attended the event. Do you think you love lasagna that much to eat all of it?
Lasagna at The Best Italian Restaurant at the Lake of the Ozarks
Li’l Rizzo’s has a homemade lasagna dish that you can order in celebration of National Lasagna Day. Made with 6 layers of pasta, meat sauce, ricotta cheese and Italian sausage. It is topped with a blend of mozzarella and provel cheese and then baked.
Celebrate National Lasagna Day at Li’l Rizzo’s!
If you love Italian cuisine like we do, come on by Lake of the Ozarks favorite Italian restaurant to celebrate National Lasagna Day. However, we have many other delicious dishes – we have something for everyone! We hope to see you today to celebrate National Lasagna Day!