Happy National Pizza Month!
It's National Pizza Month and Lake of the Ozarks' favorite pizza place couldn't be more excited! We love pizza and we’re sure the readers of this blog do too. At Li’l Rizzo's, our pizza is made with handmade dough and fresh ingredients. From the finest meats and cheeses to the freshest vegetables, you will be able to tell the difference. If there’s one thing we’re passionate about, it’s food and we take pizza very seriously. It comes in so many flavors, sizes, and even shapes. Pizza is also completely customizable, from the crust to the toppings. You get exactly what you want. Check out these delicious options you can get at the best Italian restaurant at the Lake of the Ozarks and some fun facts to celebrate National Pizza Month.
A Few Fun Facts
- Since 1987, October has been the national month for pizza.
- In the United States, pizza is a $44 billion-dollar industry.
- The first American cities to start selling pizza were New York, Boston, New Haven, Conn., and Trenton, N.J. All four of these cities had an influx of Southern Italian immigrants around the turn of the century.
- 93 percent of American eat pizza at least once a month. If you need to get your pizza fix, come to the best pizza place at the Lake of the Ozarks!
- The Super Bowl is the number one pizza day in the US, followed by Halloween, the day before Thanksgiving, New Year’s Eve, and New Year’s Day.
- The largest pizza in the world was 131 feet in diameter and weighed 51,257 pounds.
- Of the more than 5 billion pizzas sold worldwide, approximately 3 billion are sold in the US each year.
Specialty Pizza at Li'l Rizzo's
We have a whole bunch of different specialty pizzas, so there is something for everyone! Check out just some of the specialty pizzas from our Osage Beach location you can order to celebrate National Pizza Month:
The Sicilian - Red sauce, mozzarella, pepperoni, Italian sausage, crumbled meatballs and chopped garlic.
Southwest BBQ - Brushed olive oil, roasted garlic chicken, red onion, cilantro, jalapeno and mozzarella cheese. Drizzled with our homemade tangy BBQ sauce and bleu cheese dressing.
Seafood Pizza - Alfredo sauce, Provel and mozzarella cheese, topped with shrimp, clams, real crabmeat, mushrooms and bacon.
Alfredo Pizza - Alfredo sauce, fresh chopped garlic, Provel cheese, roasted garlic chicken and artichoke hearts sprinkled with grated parmesan.
The Meatball - Red sauce, topped with our homemade crumbled meatballs, fresh basil topped with mozzarella cheese then sprinkled with grated parmesan.
The Best Pizza at the Lake of the Ozarks
What better place to enjoy your favorite pizza than the best Italian restaurant at the Lake? Celebrate National Pizza Month by grabbing a slice, or two with your favorite toppings. Li'l Rizzo's is the place to go for the best pizza at the Lake of the Ozarks. With two great locations, great pizza is just around the corner. You can dine in for a unique Italian experience or take your pizza home with you! We look forward to celebrating National Pizza Month - or any day - with you!